4-6 year olds in the Philadelphia area for a new health show on Sprout.
The Super Sproutlet Show is an entertaining, interactive program designed to celebrate Sproutlets and their families’ super healthy choices. Set in LazyTown and on location with REAL preschoolers and their families in their world, LazyTown’s Sportacus and Sprout’s new character Bean. This show will motivate kids to make healthier choices and to celebrate how taking care of yourself, others and the Earth !
We're looking for REAL kids who love to: help mom and dad in the garden and kitchen, swim, play soccer, bike ride, dance, jump rope, blow bubbles and play dress up.
This is a non-Union project.
• All applicants must be preschoolers or 4-6 years old.
• All applicants must live no more than 30-40 minutes from Philadelphia.
• We will shoot October 3-8 and November 7-11, so all applicants must be available those dates. However, if your child is cast, he or she will only be needed for a few hours for 1 day.
• This is a paid project. Payment will be discussed with producer.
A List of activities for Healthy Living/Healthy Earth :
• Kids Growing a Garden
• Conserving Water around the house
• Turning Off The Lights
• Recycling Paper and Plastic
• Fruit and Veggie Picnic Party
• Re-using old clothes to dress up and put on a play
• Creating Toys and dolls from old plastic bottles
• Re-using paper to make wrapping paper for presents
• Cleaning up around your front yard and planting flowers
• Walking instead of driving and making a game out of it
A List of activities for Super Sproutlets :
• Hiking mountain
• Biking obstacle
• Playing catch the tail
• Frisbee bowling
• Running through sprinklers
• Blowing bubbles
• Jumping rope
STEP 1: If you're interested, please SEND US A SHORT BIO OF YOUR PRESCHOOLER WITH 1 OR 2 PHOTOS
o PLEASE INCLUDE:
o Your child’s name, age, address and name of school (if applicable).
o Your contact info (address, home, cell and work numbers and email).
o A “headshot” or picture of your child.
o Your child’s favorite healthy activity, game or hobby.
STEP 2: VIDEO SUBMISSION
The second step in the audition process is the video. The video should be approximately 2 minutes and should show your child’s personality as well as his/her activity. There are no rules. The most important thing the network wants to see is that the child has a GREAT personality and LOTS of energy and isn’t afraid of the camera.
IN THE VIDEO:
• Have your child introduce him or herself and tell us how old they are.
• Have them tell us their favorite activity and why.
• Shoot them doing the activity or walking us through it (if they’re comfortable doing so.)
• “Thank you!” or “Bye-Bye!” or a creative close. Please make sure that your child doesn’t sound as if she or he is repeating lines. We want them to sound as natural and REAL as possible.
• Please note that the video submission need not be edited or polished.
• Make sure they have LOTS of fun with it.
WAYS TO SEND THE VIDEO:
Send it via www.dropbox.com. Dropbox is a free site. All you have to do download dropbox to your computer and create an account with your email. Then you’ll download the video to your computer and transfer it to your dropbox account. There are simple instructions on the dropbox website to walk you through this process. Once the video has been transferred to dropbox and you’ve created a file with your child’s name, you’ll then be able to invite us to view it by emailing us.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE VIDEO IS SENT ASAP!
Thanks and have fun with it!
If you have any questions, PLEASE feel free to contact me!
You must be logged in to view the full casting call and apply.
Please login using the login box at the top of the page.
New Members - New Casting Directors